Every month, we share leading social impact insights, trends, job opportunities, and events to help you drive positive change from wherever you are. Here are some highlights from February 2022:
Bringing Impact Investing Mainstream
Impact investing has exploded in popularity over the last few years, particularly in light of the pandemic and heightened awareness of social and environmental inequalities. But beyond being good for the world, it’s good for business, too: companies with strong ESG practices consistently outperformed during the pandemic. Now, it’s even easier for individuals to invest their money in line with their values: earlier this month, our partners at Creci launched the CreciImpact Investing Platform, making it possible for anyone to financially support social, and environmental impact businesses in the United States and Latin America with as little as a $10 investment.
Partnering for Equitable Access to Education
Inclusive access to higher education is key to reducing inequality. Our partners at SAP recently announced a new partnership with University of the People — the first nonprofit, tuition-free, American-accredited online university — to provide higher education scholarships for immigrants and displaced youth aged 18-30.
Sharing Insights to Support Each Other
Experience is a master teacher, even if it’s not your own. This month, we asked 30 Global Fellows who have made their own successful career transitions the question, “What has been the most helpful lesson, resource, practice, or habit that you’ve incorporated to your own career growth journey?” See the wisdom they shared in the full blog post here. Another leading source of social impact insights is our friends at NextBillion, and the team is currently conducting its annual reader survey to ensure they are covering the things you care about most. If you have a moment, fill out their brief 6-question survey here.
Social Impact Job Opportunities
- Acumen is hiring for a Fundraising Manager (based in New York, NY)
- Amazon is hiring for a Sr. Product Marketing Manager – Sustainability (based in Seattle, WA)
- Angaza is hiring for a Director of Marketing (based in Nairobi, Kenya)
- Bridgespan Group is hiring for an Outreach and Partnerships Associate, Leadership Accelerator (remote within United States)
- Carbon Direct is hiring for multiple positions, including:
- Color of Change is hiring for multiple positions, including:
- FSG is hiring for a Manager of Communications & Storytelling (remote within United States)
- Omidyar Network is hiring for Principal of Belonging (remote but based in Redwood City, CA or Washington, D.C. or New York, NY)
- Siemens is hiring for a Sustainability Digital Marketing & Community Manager (remote)
- Tent Partnership for Refugees is hiring for a Manager – U.S. Partnerships (based in Washington DC-Baltimore Area – Hybrid)
- Twitter is hiring for a Sustainability Engagement Lead (based in Atlanta, GA)
- Upaya Social Ventures is hiring for multiple positions, including:
- Working Capital Fund is hiring for two positions:
Upcoming Events & New Programs
- March 3rd: The University of Southern California is hosting an informational session about its Master of Science in Social Entrepreneurship program. Learn more about the program, application process, and talk to alumni by registering here.
- March 8-9: Business Fights Poverty is hosting its Gender Summit, which you can register for here.
- I Was a Sari for winning the prestigious Common Objective (CO) Leadership Award 2022!
- Mark Gersava, CEO & Founder of Bambuhay, for being chosen as the Impact Entrepreneur of the Year 2021!
A Final Bit of Inspiration
“When we learn how to become resilient, we learn how to embrace the beautifully broad spectrum of the human experience.”