After months of collecting user feedback from our incredible community, we are excited to release an improved browse tool, a better explanation of what it means to go Experteering, and a new membership model designed by our users.
We hope that these changes help you use your skills to make a real impact while you travel—Just check out what HuffingtonPost had to say about us:
Our team is super excited about these changes because it moves us closer to our mission of connecting people to life-enriching experiences that make the world a better place. We believe that, more than just helping people volunteer their skills around the world, it creates a platform for the Experteering movement to gain steam and help tackle some of the leading challenges facing global development—Helping locally-led organizations access the skills they need to accelerate their impact, grow, and create jobs.
We designed this new membership model after conducting hundreds of hours of user research amongst our community of 1,900+ users. In a nutshell, it:
- Helps our team find you highly relevant opportunities based on your skills and preferences
- Connects you to free, skills-based volunteering projects (aka Experteering)
- Works around your schedule to help you go Experteering at any time, for any length of time—Whether it’s next week, next year, every year, or 5 years from now. It lasts for life!
- Provides you personal support when you have questions, and gives you an easy option to purchase additional support if you want a virtual coach throughout the process
- Saves you money as none of our opportunities charge you to volunteer, and almost all provide free accommodation in exchange for your skills (as well as other local and unique benefits)
- Allows us to improve and share our best practices, resources, and training to help you develop new skills while making the world a better place
Check it out, and tell us what you think… if you send us some feedback via email or take our quick, 3-question survey, we’ll send you a coupon code as a small thank you! More importantly, we’ll keep working to improve our service so we can empower you to help make the world a better place.
Yours in moving worlds,
– The entire MovingWorlds.org team