In June, we were inspired by the way that social impact organizations and their partners focused on building solutions not just for themselves, but for the entire ecosystem. Here are some highlights from June 2021:
Young People are Leading the Way
An alliance of 16 of the world’s leading youth social innovation networks conducted research to better understand the realities faced by young changemakers. Check out their key findings and recommendations here in the “The Possibilists” research report. One key message: If we want to support more young social innovators’, we need to build upon their strong local-international connections. Have a potential solution of your own? Submit it here for a chance to be connected to alliance members.
Leveraging Technology to Scale Outcomes in Global Health
Digital health has gained increasing importance, particularly as COVID-19 has challenged health access around the world. For example, ThinkMD, a social enterprise expanding access to healthcare through digital health solutions, recently partnered with Goodlife Pharmacy to support access to health for moms, babies and school-aged children across East Africa. Resonance recently hosted a webinar on the topic of infrastructure required for digital health to flourish, which you can check out here.
Building a Culture of Partnership to Support Ecosystems
We know that no single actor can solve the world’s biggest challenges on its own, but cross-sector collaboration is only as effective as the people who put it into practice. This thought leadership piece from Resonance shares more about how to build an internal culture of partnership at your organization. At the ecosystem level, a new report by Catalyst 2030 and Resonance highlights how (and why) corporations and social enterprises should partner to achieve the SDGs. We may be a little biased, but it’s a great report and features the work of MovingWorlds S-GRID!
Featured Experteering Projects
Looking for an opportunity to use your skills for good while challenging yourself to grow? You could be the perfect fit for one of this month’s featured projects from our S-GRID social enterprise network if you have any of the following:
- Connections to the corporate textile procurement space: Maker’s Unite produces sustainable textiles by employing and upskilling refugees locally. The team is looking for someone to help them develop new connections to broaden their scope of corporate clients.
- Expertise with systems, technology, and online learning management: Phoenix Space is focused on providing space science-focused STEM education to refugee and disadvantaged students in the Middle East. The team is looking for support developing a system for streaming lectures and conducting live Q&A sessions and upskilling the local team on running it.
- Expertise in web design and e-commerce: 2nd Innings Handicrafts (2IH) is a social enterprise that works with NGOs to train women in India in the art and stitching, embroidery, and design. The team is looking to grow its revenues from other businesses (business to business sales) and needs support developing a high-quality B2B website and pitch deck.
Social Impact Job Opportunities
- Aspen Network for Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is hiring for a Senior Program Associate (Washington, D.C.)
- Yunus Social Business is hiring for multiple positions, including:
- Managing Director – YSB Corporate (based in Berlin, flexible within EU)
- Brand & Communications Manager (based in Berlin)
- Business Development Manager – YSB Corporate (based in Berlin, flexible within EU)
- Seattle International Foundation is hiring for the following positions (Spanish required):
- Program Manager (based in Costa Rica)
- Program Manager (based in Mexico)
- Program Assistant (based in El Salvador & Honduras)
- Unilever Transform is hiring for a Global Sustainability Operations Coordinator (based in London, UK)
- The University of Southern California’s Brittingham Social Enterprise Lab is hiring for a Managing Director (based in Los Angeles, CA)
- Google is hiring for a Senior Program Manager, Supply Chain Supplier Responsibility (based in the San Francisco Bay Area)
- Ceres is searching for a full-time Director to be a strategic advisor for our work with Company Network members in the electric power and transportation sectors (based in Boston, Massachusetts)
- San Mateo County Community College District is hiring for Utility & Sustainability Specialist (based in San Mateo, CA)
- CARE is hiring for an Emergency Planning & Preparedness Specialist (remote)
- TechChange is hiring for a VP of Client Services & Delivery (based in Washington, D.C. or remote)
- Village Capital is currently recruiting for a VP of Partnerships (based in Washington, D.C. or New York)
- PATH is currently recruiting for multiple positions, including:
- Project Manager, Programs & Innovation (based in Seattle, WA or Washington, D.C.)
- Project Manager, Programs & Innovation (based in Nairobi or Lusaka, Kenya)
- Senior Cost & Pricing Officer, Africa (based in DRC, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, Senegal, Tanzania, or Zambia)
- B Lab Global is hiring for a Capacity Planning & Strategy Manager (based in Philadelphia, PA)
- Mercy Corps has multiple open positions around the world, including:
- These Field Positions for Nationals (candidates that are citizens in the country where these postings are listed)
- These Field Positions for Expatriates
- These positions with Mercy Corps US & UK Headquarters
- Global consulting firm Resonance is hiring for multiple positions across its Global Operations and Government Services teams. Browse all open positions here.
- Social Traders is hiring for a Social Procurement Advisor (based in Melbourne, Australia)
- Acumen is hiring for multiple positions, including:
- Senior Backend Engineer (based in Nigeria or Kenya)
- Operations Associate, Business Development (based in London, UK)
- Acumen America Partnership Associate and Acumen America Portfolio Associate (both based in San Francisco, CA)
- Knowledge Sharing Consultant (based in Bogota, Colombia)
- West Africa Director (based in Lagos, Nigeria)
- Eskwelabs is hiring for a number of positions across its education, tech, and product teams. Browse all openings here.
Upcoming Events & New Programs
- July 1st: Resonance is hosting a free webinar, “Catalyzing Collaboration Between Companies and Social Enterprises” about how companies and innovative social enterprises can come together to accelerate impact for the SDGs. Register here.
- July 6th:MovingWorlds is hosting a free career development webinar, “Good Work: How to Use Your Career to Make a Difference in the World” featuring CSR advisor and certified career coach Shannon Houde. Learn more and register here.
- July 27th: ANDE is hosting its 2021 West Africa Regional Conference. Get your ticket here.
- Ongoing: Maker’s Unite is offering a Remote Makers Workshop centered on the cultural values of sharing a cup of tea and creating something together from upcycled materials. Learn more here.
- Ongoing: Good to Be Good is accepting applications for its Change Make-Her Program, a free 6-week virtual program for women and non-binary people who want to expand their entrepreneurship and leadership-building skills. Learn more here.
A Final bit of Inspiration….
“The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.”
– Alan Watts