Social entrepreneurs are the on-the-ground heroes demonstrating that we can build a more just, equitable, and sustainable global economy. For more than a decade, we’ve been exploring how we can best support them to grow their revenues and scale-up their impact. Through our programs, pilots, interviews, research, and more, one thing has become increasingly clear: social enterprises need more than just financial investment to grow.
The right connections, resources, customers, and partners – at the right times – can make social enterprises more impactful, while also facilitating their revenue growth and ability to create more world-positive jobs. Since the dawn of COVID-19, we have been working with impact investors, accelerators, funders, and corporations to help make it easier for social enterprises to access proven resources that can help them realize their world-changing potential – and now we’re excited to share the result of our collective efforts with you.
Collective Action for Real Transformation: Introducing the TRANSFORM Support Hub
Together with the TRANSFORM founding organisations – Unilever, the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and EY – and SAP, we are thrilled to announce the launch of the TRANSFORM Support Hub: a global, cross-sector platform that connects social enterprises with corporates, peers, learning content, and a global community of pro bono professionals to deliver market-based solutions for the Sustainable Development Goals.
Building off the success and impact of the previous programming from Unilever, SAP, TRANSFORM, and MovingWorlds (including the S-GRID program and the TRANSFORM Collaboration Hub), we have merged our efforts to launch this new initiative. By working together, we can compound the impact of our individual contributions – ultimately incorporating more social enterprises into the global economy, and driving meaningful progress towards a more sustainable and equitable future.
Learn more about what the TRANSFORM Support Hub has to offer social enterprises, impact investors, other social enterprise support organizations, individual professionals, as well as corporations:
For Social Enterprises
The TRANSFORM Support Hub provides free, ongoing and bespoke business support to social enterprises anywhere in the world. If your social enterprise is legally incorporated and legally compliant, measures and reports on its impact, has expanded beyond its Founder(s), and has a tangible good or service that is already being sold and generating revenue, you can access the following benefits – for free – through our single platform:
- Highly skilled pro-bono consultants, mentors, and business coaches
- A Scaleup Assessment to uncover biggest opportunity areas and receive organization-specific guidance to get the most from our community, learning, and support networks
- A supportive community of peers around the world to share learnings, offer support, and create new collaborations
- Introductions to sales and partnership opportunities that can support revenue growth
- Targeted learning modules and resources to upskill your teams
- Connections to potential funding opportunities and support framing your pitches
Learn more about participating in the TRANSFORM Support Hub as a social enterprise here. Then, complete the application here to get started. We are particularly interested in supporting social enterprises delivering solutions in developing and emerging markets, as well as social enterprises offering business-to-business solutions.
For individual professionals committed to building a better world, the TRANSFORM Support Hub is an easy way to make a difference with the professional skills you use at work every day. As a registered member of the TRANSFORM Support Hub, you can access:
- Skills-based projects with verified social enterprises in 100+ countries around the world where you can make a lasting impact following our award-winning Experteering methodology.
- A global network of like-minded professionals, social enterprises, and industry leaders working to empower social enterprises and build more responsible corporations.
- Certificate-bearing learning modules in concepts like human-centered design, new business models, sustainability, and more that can help you advance your career AND the social enterprise movement.
Learn more about participating in the TRANSFORM Support Hub as a professional here, and complete the registration here to get started.
For corporations committed to a more equitable and sustainable future, the TRANSFORM Support Hub is an all-in-one solution to help you integrate sustainability across your business and engage and develop your employees. As a corporate partner of the TRANSFORM Support Hub, your company can access the following benefits:
- Joining the ranks of sustainable business leaders – like SAP and Unilever – to drive global recognition and unlock new partnerships for sustainable growth.
- A global network of peers and social entrepreneurs who can support your social procurement efforts and help embed sustainability throughout your value chain.
- Online learning modules about leading sustainability and social innovation topics to engage and educate employees, as well as real-world opportunities to apply their skills and learnings as pro-bono consultants with verified social enterprises.
Learn more about participating in the TRANSFORM Support Hub as a corporation here.
For Impact Investor, Accelerators, and Other Social Enterprise Support Organizations
For accelerators, impact investors, and other social enterprise support organizations (SESOs), the TRANSFORM Support Hub is a fully managed solution to accelerate your investments, develop your pipeline, and build your brand. As a SESO partner of the TRANSFORM Support Hub, you can access the following benefits:
- Recognition as a global impact leader alongside recognised brands like Village Capital, Mercy Corps Ventures, SAP, Unilever, and more, as well as access to our global cross-sector network to share your research and insights with international audiences.
- A global network of vetted social enterprises to build your pipeline and facilitate peer connections for your portfolio social enterprises.
- A branded portal on the platform through which your portfolio organizations can access highly skilled volunteers, targeted learning modules, resources, and a robust global network of peers and corporates to develop new revenue-based partnerships.
Learn more about participating in the TRANSFORM Support Hub as a SESO here.
Together, We Can Transform Business as a Force for Good
As David Attenborough said at COP26, “If working apart we are a force powerful enough to destabilize our planet, surely working together we are powerful enough to save it.”
Social entrepreneurs are the ones on the front lines driving this shift – and by investing in them, we are investing in a more sustainable and equitable future for ourselves and generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
Over the coming months, we’ll be sharing even more information, events, and opportunities to learn about and engage with the TRANSFORM Support Hub. Subscribe for updates here to stay informed!