On April 26, 2018, MovingWorlds hosted a webinar with leaders from some of the world’s most recognized social enterprise accelerators and impact investors. You can watch the recording of the video below. Before jumping into the highlights, we’d like to give a special shout-out to our wonderful and insightful speakers:
- Brent Ruth from the Entrepreneurship Database Program
- Rachel Crawford from Village Capital
- Luni Libes of Fledge, and author of The Next Step series
- Brian Bell from Agora Partnerships
Here are some of the key takeaways from the webinar:
- Your best chance of getting admitted is showing REAL market traction and social impact
- Do your research and only apply to accelerators that align with your mission and are for the right size and stage of your organization (Use Entrepreneur Data, Impact Space Accelerator Selection Tool, and GALI to find the best options for you)
- Growth rate is more important than size – show that you are progressing, and explain how the accelerator will help you do that more effectively
- Try, try, and try again – the vast majority of organizations will not be accepted on their first try. So keep trying.
- Network and build connection with alumni, mentors, and others who can provide guidance as you consider applying
Watch the full recording of the webinar here
Here are the slides from the presentation
Want to join our next education event for social enterprise leaders?
1. Workshop On Your Biggest Acceleration Challenge
If you have an acceleration challenge that you need support on, then let MovingWorlds know by filling out this request form. After you respond, our team will work with you to better understand your needs, and then invite you to our Acceleration workshop where you can get real-time support from experts.
2. Support to Apply to an Accelerator
If you need tactical support to finish or submit an application to an accelerator, let us know by filling out this support form. Afterward, we can help you access our community of Experteers who will provide pro bono support to you virtually. Need in-person support? Request that here.
3. Develop Your Team & Organization for the Long-Term
Interested in developing the skills and strength of your team? As our webinar leaders mentioned, the strength of your team is critical to making it into an accelerator – and succeeding as an organization. If you want to drive your growth, please join our next Talent Gap and Capacity Building workshop.